Friday, February 25, 2011

Suggestions Wanted


That's what I have been trying to do as we make plans to move back to TN. We hope and pray we will be able to buy a house that we can live in for at least the next 10 years if not forever. As we move toward this goal, I get the fun and overwhelming opportunity to think...decorating!!


However, blank slates terrify me!! AND I am indecisive and I get bored quickly /:



All that being said, I have been looking through years of Southern Living and Better Home & Gardens magazines for ideas on paint and style. I have found that I like, shabby chic mixed with a little contemporary. For example, a wood table with plastic or metal chairs in a breakfast nook. However I will not have the money to buy any new furniture.

Here are pieces I already have and will need to use. Hoping a little paint and creativity and I'll be able to pull the look off.

Also, I have to think through a good wall color for a kitchen and nook to go with table...just keep that in mind.

Thoughts/Suggestions/Ideas

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way - blank slates terrify me. but my sister (who is way better at decorating than me) always says that the best (and cheapest) way to redecorate is to paint it a new color. I've done that with alot of things at our new apartment - lamps, side tables, etc. It gives it a totally fresh look! And it also allows you to buy really cheap, old furniture that you can make new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting furniture is my new obsession! If you have questions about when you decide to paint the table or stain it I can do my best to tell you what I have learned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paint that table! And the chairs!!!! And use spray paint since you have spindles. Then you should distress it!!!! Have you figured what area you are going to move to? 'Cause you know, inquiring minds want to know!

    And I need more info to give you more direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,

    your the master at painting and distressing. i have NO IDEA how to do it. also, we have no idea, where we are going to live. we ideally want to live near the center of town, to be near MTSU, but finding a home there is difficult. we have thoughts of south boro and blackman area. however those are kinda further than we would like. we will be in town the week of April 18th to meet with a realtor and look at properties.

    any suggestions on any of the above please send my way (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me get my hands on those magazine cut outs...got a plan :)

    ReplyDelete