Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meatloaf Sandwiches

We have been trying for some time now to have two of our sweet college students over for dinner. Dustin & Jessie were finally able to come over on Thursday. It was so nice to visit with them for several hours. When they arrived I was still in the throws of making dinner. Which by the way is very unlike me. I usually have dinner ready 10 minutes before people arrive, leaving me anxious because the food is getting cold. Well, not this night. As they can attest, the kitchen was abuzz with commotion.

I was in the last stages of making meatloaf sandwiches and beginning stages of, caramel corn chocolate-pecan bark. I quickly handed over the job of bark to Dustin & Jessie, they did a great job making a mess and enjoyed the fun of "not knowing what in the world I'm doing."

Before I pulled the meatloaf out of the oven Dustin saw that the sandwiches would be eaten on savory waffles. At this time he proceeds to tell me, "I told Jessie on the way over here, 'If its not good, we can stop at Taco Bell on the way home.'" Thanks for the vote of confidence Dustin.

However there was know need to stop at Taco Bell, instead, this is what he said, "These taste like Red Robin!" They were quite good and we will be eating them again and again.

Meatloaf Sandwiches on Savory Waffle Bread by Silvana Nardone

Serves 4 Prep Time 25 minutes Cook time 1 hour 16 minutes

Taste: 5's all around
Difficulty: 3


Meatloaf Sandwiches on Savory Waffle Bread

meatloaf

1 small onion
1 grated carrot
1 glove garlic grated
2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cups ketchup
2 lrg eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup rice cereal crumbs
1 Tbsp parsley
1 Tbsp oregano
salt and pepper

waffle bread

2 cups Silvana's Pancake Mix
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups rice milk
Italian seasoning
Sliced tomatoes, for serving
Iceberg lettuce, for serving

No comments:

Post a Comment