Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food Food & More Food

Okay gang- sorry I stepped away from the computer for a few days. Now for catch up. Over the weekend we cooked lots of new things. Including but no limited to: Pizza with gluten free crust; Doughnuts; Pork-n-Beans with Butternut Squash Ragu. I am still enjoying working my way through Silvana's cookbook on gluten free & dairy free meals. It still blows me away just how good her recipe's are.

I used her pizza crust recipe and then made the pizza our way. Everyone enjoyed it. Trevor raved about how good the pizza crust was, which always make this momma proud. The crust is not what you would be used to from delivery, but more like a brick oven flat bread crust. It was amazing. We will be having it again this weekend. This time with BBQ sauce, chicken and caramelized onions. YUMMM!


Next up was Saturday morning Doughnuts. I used Silvana's Sugar and Spice recipe. Her recipe called for a doughnut pan, which I don't own, so I used a shallow star shaped muffin pan. It worked great. I may invest in the doughnut pans now that I know we will be eating these
again and again. And she has several options. Again supper YUMMMM!


Then Sunday morning I began working on the Pork-n-Beans with Butternut Squash Ragu. These are NOTHING like your pork-n-beans in a can you maybe familiar with. This had loads of deliciousness in it. However, it needed a little something. The next day we added rice to it. This made it more like a gumbo, but it was still good.


No comments:

Post a Comment