Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sick Days & Pumpkin Muffins

We have been a house full of sickies this week. Micah was sick, Sunday-Tues; Isaac was sick, Monday-Wed; Trev was sick, Monday-Wed. Thank goodness it never struck me. I felt a little bad one day but I think it was exhaustion...haha!

So we had lots of time to do nothing, but lay around, play games and watch TV. One morning
even though it was 9am when I started, I decided to try a new recipe of muffins. Usually when its something new, it ALWAYS takes me longer than the recipe says it'll take. By 10am we were enjoying our yummy muffins. I snapped some pictures of the kiddos helping this time. Although they are always in the kitchen with me, stirring, mixing, pouring, I usually forget to snap pics of them.

Make these on a Saturday morning, keep any leftovers in the refrigerator
and eat on them for breakfast for days to come.

Isaiah's Pumpkin Muffins with Crumble Topping by Silvana Nardone
Makes 12 Prep Time 20 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes

topping

1/4 cup Silvana's All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
4 Tbsp all-vegetable shortening

muffins

1 3/4 cups Silvana's All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling

No comments:

Post a Comment