Wednesday, February 9, 2011

City Church & Good Food

Last night City Church gathered in our house for dinner, prayer and "syllabus" talk. We hope to meet every Monday night and enjoy a meal and bond as a church learning and praying about how God is going to build His church.

ANNNNDDD, since this is my outlet for food talk, lets get right to it. I was excited to make an entire meal & dessert gluten and dairy free and see if anyone even noticed. I think it went over really good (or yall are a bunch of liars....and in that case we as a church are NOT starting off to a good start).

Dinner was Gumbo & Cornbread Muffins: The Gumbo was not a Silvana recipe, but the cornbread was (check previous post for how to's).

And last but not least....DESSERT!!! I know yall are probably thinking I made some grand 7 layer cake, but I didn't and YET, I am still as stoked about, Silvana's, Super Fudge Brownies. You see, we used to have out of the box fudge brownies, nearly every week with college students. They were good and they were easy. However, since the new food change NObrownies in our house, until now.
Taste: 5's all around (which means YES I would make these every week, but we would all balloon up and that would NOT be good)
Difficulty: 2
Super Fudge Brownies by Silvana Nardone

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp water
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup Silvana's All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment