Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chicken Rice Tetrazzini

On Monday night I began what we shall deem Keva & Silvana a journey through cooking good Gluten Free and Dairy Free foods.

I will give a scale of 1 to 5 for two categories; one for taste and one for difficulty. 1 being; never make again and 5 being; make it every wk (that's a tough one for me since I rarely make the same thing two wks in a row(so shoot me, I love to cook and try new things)). For difficulty; 1 being; simple and 5 being; grandma's 12 layer chocolate cake would have been easier to make.

I began with Chicken Rice Tetrazzini. Chicken Tetrazzini is a favorite in our house, but I used to make it with pasta, which I still can (rice or corn pasta) , but I wanted to give Silvana's recipe a try, it is slightly different than mine, from Southern Living.

Taste:
Keva - 3
Trevor - 4
Micah - 2
Isaac - 0 (he doesn't like anything unless there is chocolate involved)

Difficulty: 2

Chicken Rice Tetrazzini by Silvana Nardone

1 cup rice cereal crumbs (I used Rice Krispies)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (I used honey mustard)
3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
2 Tbsp EVOO
8oz sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp Silvana's all purpose flour (or regular if your not GF)
1/2 cup white wine (or rice milk or water)
1/2 cup rice milk
2 cups water
salt and pepper
2 packed cups of chopped rotisserie chicken


Sauteed the mushrooms
The rice crumbs, parsley & mustard in a bowl; shredded chicken in a bowl;
rice in the baking dish.
Final dish Chicken Rice Tetrazzini

No comments:

Post a Comment