Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nut Butter -n- Jelly Cookie Cups

As I was driving yesterday, the thought popped in my head as it so often does..."I want cook." Yeah I know I already cook, but I would love to find an outlet for doing it on a larger scale. I have always wanted to do this (in college I wanted to go to culinary school...but it was to expensive and would have required me moving to a BIG city...which terrified me then). But as I have been going through Silvana's cookbook, it has sparked it in me again. I don't desire to be a chef in a restaurant kitchen, that scares me to death. Rather a cook for events or individuals...heck I don't know.

Okay well on to yummy Cookies.

On Monday night I made Portobella-Rice Quiche & Nut Butter -n- Jelly Cookie Cups.

I will spare you the Portobella-Rice Quiche. After City Church left for the evening, my husband looked at me and said very tenderly, "What did you think about the quiche?" I said, "It was okay. It was a little over cooked and it needed more salt and maybe some more spices, but it was still okay." "Why? Did you not like it?" Trevor said, " I couldn't eat it. I took one bite and couldn't take another. I don't know, it may have been a mental block, but I didn't like it."

The eggs overcooked, so it was tough. The risotto was mushy and it needed more taste.
So you have been spared the recipe.

However, the Nut Butter -n- Jelly Cookie Cups where delicious. They tasted like a thick peanut butter cookie with some yummy sweetness in the middle.

Nut Butter -n- Jelly Cookie Cups

Taste: 4's all around.
Difficulty: 3
Nut Butter -n- Jelly Cookie Cups by Silvana Nardone
Makes 16 cookies Prep Time 25 minutes Cook Time 14 minutes

1/2 cup Silvana's All-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
1/4 cup all-vegetable shortening at room
temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 lrg egg
Strawberry jelly
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp rice milk

No comments:

Post a Comment